“After being injured in a auto accident, Dr. Glans not only fixed my pain but also worked with other doctors and help me find the right attorney to make sure I received the treatment necessary to fix my injuries.”
by Jason B.
Why Choose Keller Spine and Auto Injury to Treat Your Motor Vehicle Crash (MVC) Injury?
• We have advanced training, education and expert knowledge on how to treat many MVC injuries. Dr. Glans has made it one of his primary focus’ to treat MVC injuries. He has personally trained through the nationally recognized whiplash program and is certified in whiplash and automobile trauma from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego.
• Knowledge gained from this coursework keeps our clinic at the cutting edge of research, which may improve our results.
• We strive to provide you with the best care to resolve your injuries as quickly as possible.
• We have been in business for over 15 years and Dr. Glans has a total of approximately 30 years of medical experience.
• We have a multi-disciplinary clinic structure with a significant emphasis on physical rehabilitation, including physiotherapy, therapeutic exercise, therapeutic massage, myofascial release, and neuromuscular re-education.
• Our Insurance Office will bill and collect payment from your No-Fault insurer, on your behalf, for our chiropractic services. We will also help you with the selection of an attorney should you require representation.
• Our staffing structure caters to the individual needs of each patient. Our Patient Relations Staff is dedicated to handling the specific needs of our MVC patients, including: scheduling, language interpreting services, scheduling outside consultations, Off Work and Return to Work issues, wage loss and mileage reimbursement issues, and helping to fill out any insurance and employment forms.
• When an insurance company requests information (such as treatment records, responses to specific injury related questions, etc…) or your employer requests information (such as off work or documentation of work restrictions) we have procedures in place to promptly take care of these requests for you.
Keller Spine and Auto Injury has a great reputation with insurers, patients and attorneys in our community…please contact us if you need a reference.
We are here to help auto accident victims get well, feel wonderful again, and live an excellent lifestyle.
93% of Whiplash Patients Improve with Chiropractic Care!
This article’s introduction sums up the state of whiplash treatment very well:
“The ‘whiplash’ syndrome is a collection of symptoms produced as a result of soft-tissue injury of the cervical spine. The accumulated literature suggests that 43 percent of patients will suffer long-term symptoms following ‘whiplash’ injury. If patients are still symptomatic after three months then there is almost a 90 per cent chance that they will remain so. No conventional (MEDICAL) treatment has proven to be effective in these established chronic cases.”
The authors of this study examined the effectiveness of CHIROPRACTIC in 28 patients with chronic whiplash pain. The patients were referred to the doctor of chiropractic an average of 15.5 (range, 3-44) months after the accident and were interviewed before treatment by both an independent chiropractic and orthopedic physician. The patients were assigned to one of four classification groups:
A – No symptoms;
B – Symptoms are a nuisance;
C – Symptoms are intrusive; and,
D – Symptoms are disabling.
The initial evaluation placed 27 of the 28 patients in groups C or D.
“Following (CHIROPRACTIC) treatment, 26 out of 28 (93 per cent) of the patients had improved: 16 by one symptom group and 10 by two symptom groups. In the group that had improved, 17 had stopped their treatment at the time of assessment; symptoms had recurred to a minor degree in four (24 per cent) of these patients and they were considering further treatment.”
The authors conclude that these are exciting findings, and that they merit further investigations with randomized, controlled studies.
Woodward MN, Cook JCH, Gargan MF, Bannister GC. Chiropractic treatment of chronic ‘whiplash’ injuries. Injury: International Journal of the Care of the Injured 1996;27(9):643-645.
Chiropractic Care is the Only Proven, Effective Treatment for Chronic Whiplash
Over the last ten years, a great deal has been written on the problem of whiplash biomechanics, but little study has been done on treatment of whiplash injuries. As the authors of a new study write, “Conventional treatment of patients with whiplash symptoms is disappointing.” 1
“Woodward et al2 found improvement in chronic symptoms in 26 of 28 patients (93%) following chiropractic treatment. Our results confirm the efficacy of chiropractic, with 69 of our 93 patients (74%) improving following treatment.
“Our study suggests that such a group of non-responders does exist, represented by group 3. The defining characteristics of patients in this group were the full range of neck movement in association with neck pain, bizarre symptoms, female sex and ongoing litigation. The mean age of the group at 29.5 (16-43) was lower than that of the other two groups (mean 36.8, range 18-65).
“The results from this study provide further evidence that chiropractic is an effective treatment for chronic whiplash symptoms.”
The authors conclude:
“Whiplash injuries are common. Chiropractic is the only proven effective treatment in chronic cases.”
- Khan S, Cook J, Gargan M, Bannister G. A symptomatic classification of whiplash injury and the implications for treatment. Journal of Orthopaedic Medicine 1999;21(1):22-25.
- Woodward MN, Cook JCH, Gargan MF, Bannister GC. Chiropractic treatment of chronic whiplash injuries. Injury 1996;27:643-645.